If you’ve got an account on Quicken except for some reason, you would like to convert Quicken to QuickBooks then you’ll easily do this by following a couple of steps.
One can convert Quicken files into QuickBooks files by two methods:
1: The user can use the “Utilities” option within the QuickBooks to convert Quicken to Quickbooks
2: One can use the “Quicken Converter” to perform the task.
In this article, we’ll discuss the varied ways to vary Quicken to QuickBooks. However, before start conversion, you’ve got to consider some crucial points:
- You must know that the method of the Quicken file conversion is irreversible. If you’ve once converted Quicken into QuickBooks, then you’d not be ready to reverse it again.
- Ensure that you’ve got prepared a backup of the info before converting it to a QuickBooks file. in order that if within the future you’d like to access the Quicken software you would have a backup option.
- If you were using Quicken on Mac, then you’ll not change the Mac data into QuickBooks data. you’ve got to convert the Mac files into Windows one first, only then you’ll convert them into QuickBooks.
When To Use QuickBooks Converter?
You can easily convert Quicken files to QuickBooks using Utility. But, it’s not always possible. Therefore, the users sometimes got to choose other options like employing a convertor.
- If the version of Quicken software isn’t equivalent because of the version of the QuickBooks software, then the user wouldn’t be ready to convert the file into QuickBooks.
To understand it better, let’s say you would like to convert a Quicken 2017 file into QuickBooks 2019 version, therein case, you’d need a converter to perform the task.
- If the user has an equivalent version of both Quicken and QuickBooks, then he/she can easily convert the Quicken files into QuickBooks.
- But if you would like to convert Quicken for Mac files then neither “Utilities” nor Quicken Converter can help in conversion. you’ve got to first convert the Quicken Mac files into Quicken Windows files.
- Now we’ll explore the 2 methods of converting a Quicken file into QuickBooks.
How to Convert Quicken To QuickBooks Online With Utilities?
The below are a few of the steps you’ll follow to convert Quicken files to QuickBooks using the in-built option ‘Utilities.’
Open the QuickBooks software and attend the “File” option on the search bar.
Click on the “File” option and appearance for the selection “Utilities” within the menu.
As you’ll click on Utilities, the fourth option is getting to be “Convert.” Click thereon.
The click will lead you to a special menu with different options like, From Quicken, From Peachtree, From Microsoft Small Business Accounting, and From Microsoft Office Accounting. Select the selection, “From Quicken.”
Locate the Quicken file and open it with the file extension (.QDF) on the pc.
After that just follow the instruction provided by the Conversion Utility for a successful conversion process.
QuickBooks> File> Utilities> Convert> From Quicken> (.QDF) File Extension> Guided Instruction
If the above-discussed steps weren’t helpful to convert your Quicken file to QuickBooks otherwise you would like more details about the Conversion Utility, then press F1. After the press, you’ll access the help window. Type “convert from Quicken” to know more about the tactic
How to Convert Quicken File To QuickBooks With QuickBooks Converter?
The user has got to use Quicken Converter when the version of Quicken he/she is using is different from the QuickBooks. The subsequent may be a stepwise guide to form the work easier for you.
- To start the conversion process, you initially got to download an equivalent version of the Quicken Converter because of the QuickBooks Desktop you’re using. you’ll easily get the software from the official website of Intuit. To download the newest 2021 version of the Quicken Converter click on Quicken Converter 2021.
- After completion of the downloading. Search for the file on the screen and open it.
- As you open the downloaded application, it’ll ask you to simply accept the Terms and Conditions, select the “Accept” option.
- Select “Next” to start out the installation and click on “Install.”
- The software will start installing.
- Once the installation procedure is completed, select the choice “Finish.”
- Now to start out the conversion process, choose I’m transferring data from Quicken for Windows. then click on the “Get Started” button.
- You are now able to convert your Quicken files to QuickBooks. Browse the files on your device by selecting the choice “Open a knowledge file located on this computer.”
- Choose the Quicken file with (.QDF) file extension. and click on “OK.”
- Look for the “Convert It!” option, select it, then click on “OK.” The step will take you one step closer to the migration of the info from your Quicken files to QuickBooks.
- Now to save lots of the new Quicken file (.QDF), choose the choice Save, and click on Exit.
Download Quicken Converter> Accept T&C> Next> (After Installation) Click on Finish> Select “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows”> Press Get Started> Choose (.QDF) file> Select Convert Option> OK > Save the file> Exit.
Also Find, How To Download and Install Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery Tool?
How To Convert Quicken Mac File To Quicken Windows File?
Some data may lose during the conversion. Always confirm you have a backup file to review the converted data.
- Open the Quicken Mac file 2015, 2016, or 2017.
- Choose the Quicken files you’d wish to convert.
- Click on the “Export” option.
- The above step will convert the Quicken Mac file into a Windows file after the name Quicken Windows Transfer File (QFX).
- Save the (.QFX) file.
- Move the saved file (thumb drive, CD/DVD) to your PC running Windows.
- Open the Quicken software for Windows.
- Choose the ‘File’ option. and click on the “New Quicken File.”
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Enter New Name and press “OK.”
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ’s)
Can we convert Quicken files to QuickBooks online?
- You can’t. However, you’ll convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. So first change the Quicken files to QuickBooks Desktop then choose online conversion.
- Or, if you’d wish to convert Quicken files to (.CSV), then import the file into QuickBooks Online.
How to convert Quicken files to (.CSV)?
- Open the file.
- Click on “Export.”
- Select the “Export to CSV file” option.
- Choose a location and Save.
Hopefully, this article helped you well to understand the conversion of Quicken to Quickbooks files. We tried to clarify all possible ways to convert the Quicken files into QuickBooks. During this article, we discussed the steps of using Utilities and also the Quicken Converter tool. And if you are a Quicken MAC user then we cover those parts also in this article. Hopefully, it’d assist you to unravel your queries.