A user may face some technical problems in Quickbooks while using the Company file. That we call error and QuickBooks Error 1712 is one of them. This error has many triggered points but when it arrives it interrupts your working speed and causes issues while restoring the data of your computer.
Undoubtedly QuickBooks is a masterpiece Accounting software pack by Intuit, to determines all the issues related to accounting and book-keeping in a simple and easy manner. The world full of technology-driven aspects may have some shortcomings and it reflects in QuickBooks too. The Quickbooks error 1712 is an absolute example of this. If you are struggling with the error 1712 Quickbooks then it’s high time to ignore it. Scroll down the page to know about this error, the factors of its arrival, and at last the solution to resolve it.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712?
This error is also known as Quickbooks Install error 1712 because of it’s nature and arrival. When the user tries to install the QuickBooks file in an encrypted or corrupted file, error 1712 QuickBooks emerges. When this error occurs a pop-up message box appears on the display screen of your computer stating that:
We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation.
Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.
Factors cause “QuickBooks Install error 1712”
There are several reasons behind the arrival of Quickbooks error in 1712. Some of them are written below may be related to your reason also.
- When the user tries to install the latest version of QuickBooks without uninstalling the old one causes the error.
- When there’s an installation of QuickBooks in the encrypted or damaged file may also arrive at the error 1712.
- When malware programs like, Adware, spyware, or other viruses attacked some of the software related to the system file, error 1712 Quickbooks occurred.
- Error 1712 arrives when the user forgot to reboot the system after install or uninstall any program that requires a reboot.
- If there’s some registry error or corruption in your software.
The above-written factors are the reason for this error. If any of the points are in action in your system, stops that right away or else you will encounter the error 1712 QuickBooks in your systems.
Signs of Error 1712 QuickBooks
When your system occurs the error 1712 QuickBooks you will encounter some of the signs on your computer.
- Your computer system will freezes
- Quickbooks Get hampered
- A laptop or PC will work slowly.
- The computer will shut down automatically.
- The system will receive a late reply from Keywords and mouses.
- Sometimes a blue screen will appear on the screen entirely.
Solutions to fix Quickbooks Install Error 1712
The error 1712 will drag you into a situation to stop your work and that may harm your business. Now it’s important to fix this error at any cost. This error leads to data loss and your business will not suffer this much penalty for some misguided action that occurs this error. But not to worry this post will help you out with some solutions that you can perform itself and fix this issue on your own.
These solutions will make your system back as same as it is before the error occurs.
Solution: 1 End the process in Task Manager
- Press CTRL+ATL+DELETE together on your keyboard.
- Now, click on QuickBooks to open it.
- In QuickBooks Desktop Click on Go To Processes.
- After entering the section, click on the End Process to close all the work processing at that time in your Task Manager.
- At last, reboot or restart your system
After restarting your system if the error will resolve then congratulation you will end all the processes in the task manager and dissolve the error but if the error still disturbing your work you will move to the next solution.
Solution: 2 Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
In this solution, the user will install the QuickBooks install Diagnostic Tool on your device from the official website of Intuit. After installing the tool follow these steps to settle the Error 1712 Quickbooks.
- To run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool on your device, the user will have to close all the running system application and background application on your device.
- After closing all Applications, open QuickBooks Diagnostic tool.
- Then, find the option named I am having a problem installing QuickBooks and click on the Ok button
- To make the changes, the user has to restart the PC or the laptop.
QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool will make sure to resolve the error completely but if there is any mistake in performing the task or any other reason your system will not determine the error, just look at the nest solution to configure it.
Solution: 3 Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the official website of Intuit to download the Quickbooks
- After reaching the site go to Application> QuickBooks Download> Products
- On the Products page, you have to fill in three option Country, products, and Version
- In the country section, you have three options to choose from the United States (US), Canada (CA), and United Kingdom (UK) select the country of Quickbooks you want to download
- In products, you will choose the desired product you want to download
- In the version, you have the option from 2013 to 2021 including Pro Plus to choose from.
- After making changes click on the download option to download.
Solution: 4 Download the QuickBooks Tool hub
- Download the QuickBooks too hub and stored it in a place where you can easily find it.
- Now open the QuickBooks Tool hub in QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- After opening the Qb Tool hub go to the Program problem tab to fix the error 1712 Quickbooks.
- Now, select the option Quick Fix my problem, it may take up some moment to scan your device and configure the error.
- After the scan completed, restart your system again.
Now, reinstall the QuickBooks once again if this time it works, then Bravo you did it. The QuickBooks Tool Hub resolve the error from your system and assist you to work on your productivity.
The whole process discusses above is to resolve the QuickBooks Installation error 1712 from your computer system. Try out on your own one by one till the error cures. If non of them works, we advise you to contact the experts to rectify this error. You may contact the QuickBooks Customer support expert for further help, they will make sure to answer your every question and satisfy you with their service.