QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 will often occur when a user tries to restore a backup of the company file. It’s one of the QB errors that interrupt your productivity by being a Heckel in your success path. But did you know what QuickBooks is? and what type of work can be done by it? No! First, you need to know about QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is the most powerful Accounting Software pack developed and marketed by Intuit. With the help of this Accounting software, any small and medium-sized company maintains its accounting and Book-keeping work properly without any error. It can be used on the server or may it say multi-user mode where multiple users can access the company file with different systems at the same time. There’s plenty of advantages that one can take but after all the assistance it is man-made software all and it has some flaws too. Those flaws come between our work as errors and hindering the business.
In this particular section, we discuss the QuickBooks error code 6123, the reasons, the symptoms, and most important the solution to resolve it. We will walk you through the simple steps to fix this error code. But firstly, you have to know the nature of the QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 in detail. So let’s get to the point.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 6123?
QuickBooks error code -6123, 0 is usually encountered when the user tries to restore the backup of the company or opening the company file on multi-user mode. This error occurs without any prior indication and creates much disturbance in the company file. When the QuickBooks Error code 6123 emerges a message box pop-up on the display screen with a message: “Problem connecting to Server”.
Whenever this error arises you always seek assistance to resolve it. This post will definitely help you to get rid of the error. Scroll down for a further grasp of the bug and its solutions.
Factors that emerges QuickBooks Error 6123 0
Every error emerges because of some reason or factors that triggered it to arouse. There are some factors that help QuickBooks error code 6123 to arrive and it’s good to know the reason for the arrival to get rid of it easily.
- The host computer network is corrupted.
- A firewall is blocking the communication between the server and the company file.
- Special characters are used in the QB file name.
- QuickBooks File and QuickBooks Database file is damaged.
- Installed McAfee Antivirus is interfering with the QB desktop files.
- McAfee’s privacy service is installed with the Block Web Bug filter option selected.
- QuickBooks is not upgraded.
- The company file is opening on the new version of QuickBooks.
- The user is restoring the backup from the removable storage device.
- The QBW file is damaged.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error code -6123
If you find below-written sings on your computer screen, you will get to know that you are encountering QuickBooks error 6123;
- QuickBooks Error code 6123 0 will appear on the display screen in a pop-up message box.
- The user will no longer be able to open the QuickBooks Company file.
- QuickBooks will not respond properly.
- The Computer system will freeze for some moment.
- The current window, you are working on, will get corrupted.
Now, when we know all the factors that cause the QuickBooks error code 6123 to emerge and also about the symptoms to recognize the error easily, it’s time to move to our next as well as the most important topic, the solution to resolve the error entirely from the system.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
The below methods are the key to use in resolving the QuickBooks error code 6123 0 and make your computer system and QuickBooks Desktop back in business.
Method 1: Change Quickbooks File Name
- Remove all the Special Characters and space from the company file name.
- Make sure that the company file name is less than 30 characters.
In the first and foremost method, these changes will make the error stop and the user will be able to access the company file again. If not then follow the nest method.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, download the QuickBooks Tool hub and press CTRL+J to go to the download section.
- In the list of downloads click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click on the Yes button to make the changes.
- Now click on Next to install it and then click on yes to accept the license agreements.
- In the next step, click on Next and then hit on the install option. It will take some time, have patience.
- After completing the Install click on the Finish button.
- Now QuickBooks Tool Hub icon is available on the Desktop.
- Go to the desktop and open it.
- Now you are in the QuickBooks tool hub, now go to the option Company File Issue the first tab after home.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Browse your QuickBooks Company file.
- Now mark on Check your file and network option.
- Click on Continue and then enter your correct admin Credentials and again click continue.
- It will take some time to configure the error and resolve it.
- Then, you have to choose the location between the Server and Workstation where your company file is stored, and click on Next.
- After completing the repair select the QuickBooks Company file from the given list and click on it to open.
- If the file isn’t responding then reboot your computer and try to open the QuickBooks Desktop Again.
If the company file opens make sure to create a copy, if not then follow the next method to get rid of the error.
Method 3: Run Quick Fix My Problem
- Download and install the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- After the installation is done, open the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Go to the third tab after the home tab, the program problem tab.
- Select Quick Fix My Problem, it may take some time to fix the issue.
- After the process is completed, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
This solution from the QuickBooks Tool hub will surely cooperate with you to resolve the QuickBooks Error code -6123 0. If the error still remains then continue with the next Method.
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Before Reinstall the QuickBooks you have to uninstall the QuickBooks first. So, follow the steps to uninstall the QuickBooks.
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop
- Prompt to Run by pressing Windows+R key together.
- Type Control Panel in the Run box.
- In the control panel select programs.
- Now, select programs and feature in the program tab
- From the given list select QuickBooks and then click on Uninstall
After successfully uninstalling the QuickBooks you are able to reinstall it back. You can reinstall the QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool or else you can read the whole step by step guide to reinstall it.
Method 5: Do it Manually
When nothings work and Error still persist in your system, try to the setup of error manually, and for this follow these different steps
Step 1- Rename .ND and .TLG files
- Open company file folder
- Choose .ND file (i.e. My Company File.qbw.nd)
- Right-click on the .ND file and select rename
- Now while renaming the file add .old after .nd in the file (i.e. Mt Company File.qbw.nd.old)
- Now repeat the same procedure with .TLD file.
Now you are good to go. Hopefully, this will work if not then move ahead to the next step.
Step2- Change the location of the company File
If there is any problem with the path of the company file then just change the location and try to access the company file. To do so, follow the lead
- First, go to the folder, where the company file is located.
- Hover and right-click on the folder to copy and make sure the file you copied has extension code is .QBW.
- Now go to the desktop, right-click on it and select new to create a folder.
- Now open the new folder and right-click on it to paste the copied file.
Your location of the company file is changed to desktop, now try to access the company file, if you succeed then it’s great if not then move to the next step.
Step 3- Set Proper Folder Permission
Sometimes it is the only fault that the folder setting is not set to full access. It all depends on the Window setting and the window user login.
Step 4- Create a New Window User
In this step, you can create a new Windows user login to access your company file because there might be a chance of corrupted Windows user login.
- Go to the Windows Start Button and type Control Panel.
- Click on User Account Icon and select the Create new User option
- Select Administrator for user type and then log out of the current user you are using.
- Now, restart your computer to make changes
- Now Login with a new User ID credential.
- After login, move your company file to the desktop.
Now you are able to access the QuickBooks company file with a new location and User ID.
With all these methods and solutions, surely the QuickBooks Error code -6123 0 will be determined and your system will get back to business without wasting any time. We understand your problem. Just like this, If you have encountered Quickbooks Error 6000 83 then you can make use of the Quickbooks File Doctor tool to fix it. That’s why we discuss the whole issue in this post. But, if the error still persists then you should take help from the customer service experts of the QuickBooks official site.