Are you a QuickBooks user? Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error 6129 and have no idea how to fix the issue from your system? Then this article is for you. We have tried to cover all important details regarding the error 6129 QuickBooks.
QuickBooks is no doubt one of the most amazing retail management software. The application is widely used by the owners of small and big businesses. QuickBooks also has improved its features and tools with every passing year. Users can easily perform many essential tasks using the tools like File Doctor, QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools, etc. However, just like any other application, QuickBooks also has many errors and issues that have to decrease the user experience. Active users often complain about the issues they face while using the software.
So if you want to resolve the problem from your system, then read the whole article till the end. We will be discussing all the important details about QuickBooks error 6129, including the causes, symptoms, and different ways to fix the issue. However, it is recommended to first understand the issue from the core level before trying to resolve it. Now, without further ado, let’s directly jump into the solution.
What is QuickBooks Error 6129 0?
Users generally face the QuickBooks Error 6129 due to the failed database connection verification. This could have happened due to the corrupted company files. While dealing with the issue, you may also receive the message “Database Connection Verification Failure.”
The error generally does not allow the users to access the company files. QuickBooks error 6129 0 could have been induced in your system when you tried to create a parent company file.
If you could not identify the issue yet or not sure whether it is error 6129, then read the symptoms section below to ensure.
Identify the QuickBooks Error 6129 0
If you are not able to find out which issue you are facing, then read this section carefully. There could be a couple of signs that happen during the occurrence of the QuickBooks error code 6129 0. We have listed all of the common ones below:
- Due to the error, the system may get frozen.
- While using the system, the issue could cease the system.
- The user may also get the pop-up message of the QuickBooks error 6129 0.
- The device you are using may not respond properly.
Triggers of the QuickBooks Error 6129 0
Since you have now identified the error that you are facing while using QuickBooks, you might want to resolve the issue as soon as possible. But we would recommend you first go through the main causes that have triggered the issue in your system. We understand how irritating it would be to face an error in between the work, yet it is important to know your enemy better before defeating them. There are several reasons that may have caused the QuickBooks error 6129 0 in your system, we have discussed the most common ones below:
- It is possible that your software is not able to connect with the active internet connection, which may result in causing the issue.
- The QuickBooks error 6129 could have also occurred due to uninstalling the software.
- Any kind of damage or malfunctioning in the device may also trigger the QuickBooks error 1629 0 in your PC.
- Improper closing of the system due to power cuts or any other reason might also cause the issue.
- It could be possible that the client machine and the domain severely do not match.
- The invalid entries in the Windows registry may also trigger the error.
Troubleshooting Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6129 0?
After learning all the important details regarding the QuickBooks error 6129 0, it is time to fix the error from the system. Anyone who has little or no knowledge regarding QuickBooks can easily perform the solution below on their own. However, if you have any kind of confusion you can take professional help.
Method 1: Rename the QuickBooks Network Data Files (.ND)
It is the first solution on the list. Use this solution to rename the .ND files that would help to resolve the QuickBooks error 6129 0.
- Search for the .ND go in the QuickBooks.
- Then click on the recent name and to vary it into a replacement one click on the Rename choice.
- While revising the name, the user should place recently at the top of the new name then hit the ENTER button.
- Open the corporate file and follow the steps below to access an equivalent company file.
- Tap on the Windows begins choice.
- Then select the programs and click on QuickBooks.
- Tap on the QuickBooks info server manager and choose the choice of scan folders.
- If you do not have any folder that consists of an organization file then attempt to produce one folder by clicking on the Add Folder.
- After making one folder, you’ll be able to currently scan to ascertain if there’s some issue within the system.
- Now attempt to open the corporate File and verify whether or not you’re still facing an identical drawback or not.
Method 2: Create Other Folders and Try to Navigate the QuickBooks Company Files
In the second method, we will try to create the folders and then try to track the QuickBooks company files.
- Firstly, you need to create another folder.
- Choose the company files of QuickBooks to a new folder.
- Now you’ll be simply ready to open the QuickBooks company file if using one account on one system solely.
- If the user is mistreating one account on over one laptop then he/she should follow a lot of steps.
- Right-click on the Start choice.
- Choose the Program choice to continue the method.
- Tap on the QuickBooks application then chooses the choice of QuickBooks database server manager.
- Click on the scan folders choices.
- If there’s no folder accessible then tap on the choices Add Folder then add a new folder in it.
- Hit on the Scan button.
- Before moving on to the successive step, contemplate closing the window 1st.
- The last and final step of the answer is to open the QuickBooks and check if you’re still facing a similar downside or not.
- If you’re accessing QuickBooks on several computers then you initially need to set-up folder permissions. then try and add a brand new folder within the QuickBooks info Server Manager.
How to Setup Folder Permissions?
- First, you’ve got to click on the folder with the company folder then opt for Properties.
- Select the choice ‘Advanced within the security tab.’
- Make sure that you just have allowed the subsequent settings like cross folder/ execute the file, List folder/ scan knowledge, scan the attributes, scan extended attributes, generate files/ write knowledge, Write attributes, and etc. when selecting QBDataServiceUserXX & opt for Edit.
To Modify ‘Not Properly established Permissions’
- Click on the company Folder.
- Select the Properties then press “Edit.”
- Go to the ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ and click on the choice “Full.”
- Click on the Allow to continue the method.
- Press the OK button to complete the setting procedure.
Change the Folder Permissions
- Click on the keys Windows + E on the keywords.
- Open the folder of File Explorer.
- Go to the choice of Folder then choose Properties.
- Try to follow the on top of all the folders on the List.
- Choose the choice of everybody within the security tab. If the cluster or the user name box doesn’t have everyone’s name then you need to add the names then modify the settings to everybody.
- Click on the choice OK.
Method 3: Disable the Third Party Antivirus Software
Most users are generally able to fix their problems using the above methods. If you are still getting the issue then do not panic, we have our bucket full of solutions that will surely help you to resolve yours. With that, you have to change the settings of the antivirus that might be restricting QuickBooks to use the internet.
- The user has to restart the pc and alter it to safe mode.
- Now you would like to show off the anti-virus application.
- Create another company file.
- You need to stay on the computer within the normal operating mode.
- After finishing the method, reboot the system.
- The user is needed to open the QuickBooks so open the corporate files.
- Now attempt to open the QuickBooks and use the software to check whether or not the error is showing or not.
Method 4: Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the New Version
The old version of QuickBooks could also be a reason that is triggering the issue in your system. Updating the software is a good way to resolve the issue.
- First, open the QuickBooks desktop and so explore the assistance choice on the menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab.
- Select Get Updates to start out the download.
- After finishing the download method, restart the QuickBooks desktop.
- Follow the directions on the laptop screen and settle for the choice to put in the new unleash.
Method 5: Login as Administrator
Some users experience the QuickBooks error 6129 0 because they have not selected or logged in as Administrator. Follow the steps below to change the settings.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Choose All Programs from the list.
- Go to the Windows Small Business Server and hit the Windows SBS Console.
- Select Users and Groups. Then click on the choice Add a replacement user account.
- Follow the Add a replacement User Account wizard when filling out the user info.
- Provide new user administrator rights.
- Select the Finish button after you square measure done.
Method 6: Perform the Troubleshooting Steps at the time of Easy Step Interview
If none of the above methods helped you to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 6129 0, then try this one. Sometimes, the easy step interview also helps to remove the error from the device.
- Click on the Leave possibility once you get within the Easy Step Interview.
- Hit the affirmative button, Yes, once you see the message of Save the file?
- Now the last step is to enter the name of the file, so hit on the Save possibility.
Method 7: Ensure the Device is Working on the Domain
Make sure that all the systems are connected with the same domain. Then verify that if the domain is different and then fix it. Now try to open the folder and check if you are still getting the error or not. If you do then try the next solution to resolve it.
Method 8: Restart the PC in the Safe Mode
After restarting the PC, the third-party QuickBooks would not be able to restrict the QuickBook’s performance. The user can also turn off the antivirus software temporarily to avoid any kind of disruption.
Some Fundamental Way to Fix QuickBooks Error 6129 0
We understand some errors could be very troublesome and stubborn in nature. So if you are still getting the same error after performing all the solutions above, then hold on, we still have two more troubleshooting methods to fix the problem. Check them out
Solution 1: Create New Company File
- If you have experienced the problem whereas making a new company file, then the primary step is to depart or exit from the page.
- The user ought to conjointly save the file and opt for the affirmative choice, Yes to continue.
- Now, you’ll be able to rename the company file so save the file by clicking on the save possibility.
Changing the name would possibly assist you to unravel the problem. However, if the answer didn’t assist you then take into account remodeling the situation of the file.
- Navigate to the location wherever you’ve saved the file.
- Tap on the company files and select the choice Copy.
- Now paste the company file to a different location.
- Open the computer code QuickBooks and tap on the Open or restore an existing company.
- Choose the choice of Open a company files so hit on the button, Next.
- Locate the file mistreatment situation wherever you paste the file.
- Highlight it so right-click on the Open button.
Solution 2: Open and Update the Company File
- You need to initially open the sample of the company file to seek out out the issue. If the error is going on to all or any of the company files then you wish to do a special technique to unravel it.
- The user additionally would possibly be got to log in because of the Windows admin, to resolve the problem.
We have shared all the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6129 0. The whole article is divided into four sections. First, we tried to identify the symptoms of the issues and then find out various causes that have triggered the QuickBooks error 6129 in your device. Then after understanding the problem we tried to resolve the issue and also discussed some fundamental ways to fix the error 6129.
However, if none of the issues helped you to remove the problem then we would recommend you to contact the support team of the software. To get the helpline number, you can visit the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The team is available for 24-hour assistance to help the users all the time in need. If you liked the article and found it informative then share it with your teammates. You can also check out other QuickBooks-related articles on our website.