QuickBooks is one the finest accounting software that any business could ever have. But despite being awesome software it has some drawbacks too, it stopped working when there is an error encountered. It upsets the ongoing work. QuickBooks Error 6190 is one of them. This error often occurs when multiple users try to access the company file in a single-user-mode. This error unable the user to access the company file within QuickBooks Desktop and could be harmful to the company file data.
Quickbooks accounting software can do multiple tasks without wasting any time and of course hassle-free in a very simple way. This software is developed and marketed by Intuit, to do all the arduous work that may get wrong if a human did it on its own. With the help of Quickbooks accounting software, the users can perform every accounting and book-keeping related chores such as bill payments, tax calculation, send invoices, set reminders for future payments, and much more. But as I say it doesn’t matter how perfect the system works, it may get an error. After all, it’s manmade software.
The Quickbooks Error -6190 could be an immovable error if it won’t get resolve on time. This post is a complete guide where you can learn about the Quickbooks error 6190 in detail along with the causes and symptoms. This post holds all the methods to resolve this error with specified steps. So let’s check out the guide without taking any time.
What is Quickbooks Error -6190 -816
The Quickbooks error -6190 -816 is a technical error that has to rectify at the first stage to avoid further issues regarding this error. When the organization file does not match with transaction logs then the organization file becomes corrupted. Because of these corrupted files, users can lose all the important data saved in the QBW file.
When the Quickbooks error code 6190 occurred a message box pop-up flashes on the display screen with the message “QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer”.
When you encountered this message on your system, do not worry. You can easily tackle the situation if you get to the reason behind the error that occurs. So let’s get to the next segment of this post where you will get to know about the symptoms and the reason behind the Quickbooks error 6190.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6190
By recognizing the signs of Quickbooks error the user will be able to understand the error more closely. It helps the user to tackle the error in a simple and sorted manner. The symptoms give clarity to the user to sense the effects of the error on the system. These are the foremost signs that a user will encounter after the Quickbooks error -6190 -816 will appears.
- An alert message of Quickbooks error code 6190 will appear on the screen
- The system gets crashed after encountering the error.
- The Windows work slow and sluggish
- There will be a slow response of input devices on the Desktop.
- The Computer will freeze concurrently.
What Causes QuickBooks Error -6190 -816?
Knowing the factors causing error helps the user to understand the solution methods easily. This particular segment will help you to find out the reason for Quickbooks error 6190 emergences in the first place. These reasons will assist you in conquering the steps which you will take to resolve the error. The following reasons are written below.
- When the company file made any transaction it will be recorded by the Transaction logs. If the transaction log (.TLG) is different from the Company data file (.QBW). the Quickbooks error 6190 and 816 appears.
- The error occurs when the Quickbooks Company data file is updated on the other computer and the transaction log file is not.
- When two or more than two users trying to access the company file in single-user mode despite Multi-user mode, the error emerges.
- If the company file is saved in a read-only network folder, the user will no longer able to access the company file, and tried to access it the error arrives.
- The Company file is corrupted but this happens very few.
Now you have ample knowledge about the Quickbooks error -6190 -816. All the above information about the error is only to detain the error easily.
Solutions to Resolve Quickbooks Error 6190 and 816
The QuickBooks error code 6190 could be stubborn if the user did not remove it in the first place. The following methods are the solution to get rid of the error very easily.
But before performing any solution the user is required to do some task that is;
- Create a backup data of the company file on your computer to avoid any data loss.
- Update the Quickbooks desktop to its e latest version.
Method: 1 Use Quickbooks File Doctor
- First thing first, Download and install Quickbooks File doctor on your system
- Logged in as an administrator and Run the Tool
- If you are not logged in as an Administrator, follow the lead to do so.
- There will be prompted two option in front of you
- Both File damage and Network connectivity
- Network connectivity only
- Now, you should select the first option, that will detect and rectify all the damages & corrupted file and connectivity issues in the company file in order to remove the Quickbooks error 6190.
- Now, when the screen prompted, enter the admin password
- Then, it will ask whether your file is located on a workstation or server
- Choose wisely, if the file location is Server then select yes or if the file location is workstation select No.
- After that, click on the continue option.
The Quickbooks File doctor surely helps you out to remove the error but if this does not work then apply the second solution.
Method: 2 Check Single-User-Mode
If the error still persists, try out checking the Single-user-mode to resolve the issue.
- First of all, make sure that all the users are logged out from the Quickbooks desktop.
- Now, restart the computer.
- After that, copy the company file data somewhere apart from its source.
- Now, back to the original location of the company file data and copy the data here.
- Sign in to Quickbooks with the correct credentials.
In this method, the user will perform a reset to the company file data that may resolve the Quickbooks error -6190 -816.
Method: 3 Update the Windows
- Navigate the mouse to the Start menu and click on it.
- Now, click on the setting option in the menu
- After that select the Update and Security option
- Open the Window Update tab
- Now, click on the check for update option for any new version available to update.
- If there any update available, it will start updating automatically.
- After the updating process is completed, restart the computer to save the changes.
This method will update the Windows Operating System in your computer to prevent security breaches that may cause the error.
Method: 4 Remove the Diversity between the .TLG File and .QBW File
The fourth method will come upon the stage if the above three methods are failed to resolve the error from the system. Before applying this method make sure that you are using the same system where the Quickbooks company file is saved. You just have to rename the file that does not cause any data loss.
Just follow the simple steps to dissolve the Quickbooks error code 6190.
- Open the company file on the system
- Now, the user is required to find the Company file and Transaction file
- The user has to make sure that both files are saved under the same name but a different extension. Ex- Company_file.QBW.ND and Company_file.QBW.TLG
- Now, Right-click on the Company file to rename it and save it with the extension .QBW.ND and add OLD at the end of the name i.e. Company_file.QBW.ND.OLD
- Now do the same process with the transaction file.
- The user has to make sure that in the process of renaming the file, do not erase the extension code in any of the files.
- Now after the renaming process completed, exit from the system
- Open QuickBooks and try to access the Company file
Hopefully, all the above methods to resolve the Quickbooks error 6190 may help you to fix the issues occurring in your system. The reason behind the errors is some of the points that a user has to keep in mind to avoid these types of errors in the future. As long as you avoid the trigger points of error, your system will be saved from the error and you will be able to multiply your money from your business and access the Quickbooks company file to take further help according to the need and requirements.
In any case, if you are not able to access the company file after performing all the above methods, it’s recommended to contact the Quickbooks Customer support experts. They are 24X7 available to help you out from difficult situations.