The QuickBooks Error 80070057 occurs when you are trying to reach the company file or trying to open it. This error completely depends on the communication issue between the QB company file and the different machine’s network. This error is encountered in QB software when a user runs the QB of the 2014 version and creates a file in it and also occurs when the user tries to open the same file. This type of error is getting frustrating because the user will get blocked from editing and not even permitted to create a new different file also.
This error triggered at any time when you are doing something very important or you are in hurry to make your inventory sheet or managing accounts, it can happen, and when this error occurs you will get stuck between the work and this particular error ruin your whole day. But with the solution, given below, you will get out of it in no time.
But before explaining the whole QB error code 80070057 to you let’s have a quick review over the QuickBooks. This accounting and bookkeeping software is developed and marketed by an American software company Intuit. All the small and medium-sized companies took help from QuickBooks to maintain their accounting books and other complicated Book-Keeping stuff. But despite being useful, some errors interrupt their work because of many reasons.
In this blog, you will find the solution to QB error code 80070057 along with its meaning and the reasons for its arrival. So, without any further Adu, let’s get to the point.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
This is one of the QB errors that appear during using the QB company file and ceases you to get your work done. When the user doesn’t have enough permission to access the company file a dialogue box flashes on the display with a message that
80070057: the parameter is incorrect
Error status: 80070057 the parameter is incorrect, or you do not have sufficient permission.
In this blog, the user will learn how to resolve this error, but before learning the solution, you have to know the reason which is triggering the error code 80070057.
Factors cause Error code 80070057
As stated before that this error depends on the lag in communication between the workstation server and the QB company but why it happens? It happens because the user is using Multi-user mode and tries to access that company file that is not on that computer he/she uses, it’s on another system connected to the server. So now it’s clear that it all matters of connectivity and communication. Now, let’s get ahead and light up all those factors which add a point to cause QB error 80070057.
- The company file is damaged during the installation of QuickBooks.
- The computer has some connectivity issues while opening some files kept in another system, it is a very common factor in using multi-user mode.
- The firewall is blocking the QuickBooks Application to access.
- The Network data (.ND) file allows the program to recognize the database server, is damaged/lost.
- The File extension of the company file is wrong like .qbm, .bqx, .qbb
- Trying to access the portable company file without opening Quickbooks Software.
- Using third-party firewalls that are not configured for Quickbooks.
Encountered Signs of Quickbooks Error code 80070057
- QuickBooks programs started crashing repeatedly.
- The system gets hanged and sluggish at the work.
- Input devices like Keyboard and mouse get a slow response.
- An error message pop-up displays on the computer screen.
- You will get denied reply while deleting the company files.
- The company file gets collapsed suddenly.
- The computer systems freeze.
When you will face these symptoms in your system, you are encountering error code 80070057. If you are thinking to resolve this error on your own then you have to read ahead for the solutions and the steps to redeem this error.
Solutions of QuickBooks Error 80070057
These are some of the solutions that help you to fix the error code 80070057, read and understand all the steps carefully and perform.
Solution: 1 Clean Install Quickbooks
To fix the error, first of all, Uninstall QuickBooks cleanly and then reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
If the error does not resolve then perform the nest solution given below.
Solution: 2 Use Quickbooks Tool Hub
In the second method, you can close the QuickBooks desktop and download and install QuickBook Tool Hub to use the File Doctor to fix the problem. Follow the steps to perform the task
- Go to the second tab in the row below the home tab, Company file issue.
- There you will see “File doctor software” click on it to run.
- Now log in with the right credentials.
- After that File Doctor starts scanning all the fields and configures the damaged file, it will take some time to have some patients.
- After the scan is done, close the tab and go to QuickBooks desktop switch to Multi-user mode to work, if it works then you got this.
If this solution does not give you the result you want the move to the next step.
Solution: 3 Delete .ND File
In the third solution, you have to Edit or Delete .ND file and the error will resolve. To perform it follows these simple steps.
- Create a new copy of .ND configuration file in the QB company folder.
- Log out from all the QuickBooks software on all the Computer system and shut it down.
- Now, log in as an Administrator and go to the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Find the QB Company file associated with .ND extension file that has issues.
- After finding the correct file, Delete the file.
- After deleting the file, it automatically created, or you can simply rename it to fix the error.
If this method does not fix the problem of having QB error, then move to the nest solution.
Solution: 4 Quickbooks Database Server Manager
The next solution is to rescan the company file folder by using the QuickBooks database server manager on the server, follow the steps
- Go to Windows Taskbar and enter QuickBooks database server manager and click on Open item.
- You will see the QB company file are already exists chose the Scan option and then click on the add folder tab.
- Go to a folder location, select the location where you want to locate the file, click Ok, and later click on the Scan button.
- After the scan completed, it reconfigured the QuickBooks File Sharing Permission, that means it allows all the computer to access the company file having the error.
- Try to open the QB software on computers where the error had appeared.
Solution: 5 Configure Anti-Virus Settings
Here, the user has to configure the BitDefender Antivirus to re-establish the communication between the QB company file and Server.
- First, go to the BitDefender 10.0 menu and select antivirus.
- Here the user has to choose the custom level and then select exclude path from scan option.
- After it, select the New Item tab.
- Now, choose a Mapped drive or UNC path, both use to browse the QB company file.
Thorough configuring the Antivirus Bitdefender 10.0 the error may resolve but if it still frustrating you then try the next solution.
Solution: 6 Change Quickbooks File Extension
Still facing the error code 80070057 in your system, then change the file extension of the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Select the Company File with the right click go to the properties option.
- Hit on the QuickBooks tab, and enter the file extension and server name in the required field.
- Then click on the OK button.
- At first, right-click on the computer desktop to create a new folder.
- Copy and paste the company file into the new folder.
- Now, right-click on the folder and select Rename.
- Rename the file extension to .qbm and save it to make a change.
- Open QuickBooks to restore the portable Company file. If you are having any problem while opening the QB then rename the file to .qbb extension.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop to restore the Backup, if you are facing any problem while opening the QB desktop rename the file to .qbx extension.
- At last, open QB convert to an accounting copy.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and Window Explorer
- Go to file and create a new folder with a Right-Click.
- Copy the company file with a new extension like “Companyfile.qbw” from the flash drive to a new folder.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop again and a new folder.
Hopefully, with all these solutions you may get the right one to resolve this QB Error. These solutions would help you to rectify the error on your own but if you want instant help and an immediate solution try to contact the QuickBooks Customer Support Expert. They will provide you excellent support in terms of resolving the error and it also saves your time and effort.