Are you a QuickBooks user? Are you dealing with the QuickBooks Error The File Exists? Then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will talk more about the error and different ways to resolve the issue.
QuickBooks is a retail managing application. It helps the user to manage the records in a more efficient way. The owners of small and big businesses use the software to track their transactional data and keep them at the reach. QuickBooks is continuously improving the user interface of the software by including various tools and features. However, just like any other software, QuickBooks also has many errors and one of them is QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
For all the users, who are dealing with the QuickBooks error then this article would be very helpful for you. We will try to discuss the causes, symptoms and also try to help you to fix the QuickBooks error in the file that exists. It is very essential to know the issue completely before solving the error from your system. Therefore, without further ado, let’s start the article.
What is QuickBooks Error The File Exists?
The QuickBooks Error the File Exists is an issue that generally arises during paying the liabilities or downloading the updated version of the payroll, or opening the federal/ state form. When the user faces the error they might get a pop-up message on their display screen.
The user who deals with this QuickBooks issue then you might get the following message error:
“The specific file that you have requested cannot open. Confirm, if it is not used by some other program or a read-only file.”
But we would recommend that before directly jumping into the solution section, it is important to know the reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error the file exists.
Causes that Triggers the QuickBooks Error The File Exists
To resolve the error it is very important to know the reasons that have caused the issue in your system. There are various issues that might have caused the error, we have listed down a few common ones below:
- The issue could have arisen due to the improper or outdated Firewall.
- Users might have not given the software admin rights.
- The security settings of the internet may be wrongly configured.
- The QuickBooks error the file exists could be arising due to the wrong installation of the QuickBooks application.
- Users facing the issue could have the outdated QuickBooks desktop application file.
- Your Windows file might be getting interrupted by some kind of issue which has triggered the QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
- The issue could be arising from the unable to connect with the inactive and low Internet Connection on the device.
Few Important Points to identify the Windows Error the File QuickBooks
After receiving the QuickBooks error message, let us discuss the following points:
- You might be getting the QuickBooks Error The File Exists pop up message while trying to print the QuickBooks.
- The user might also get the error while dealing with the liabilities.
- While accessing the federal forms you may also receive the error message.
- The error message may also arise during updating the Payroll service.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Now since you have enough knowledge regarding the QuickBooks Error The File Exists, you can now resolve the problem by performing the following steps. Read all the steps very carefully, and do not miss any of them while executing.
Method 1: Check the Connectivity of the Internet
It is the first step of the solution. In this method, we will be able to verify the connectivity of the Internet to resolve the issue of unable to connect with the internet.
- Open the Window of the default browser and take a look at it to open a site.
- If you have got active net connections then the page can effectively open. However, you may face issues if the net server isn’t properly operating, which may be the explanation for the obstruction.
- Ensure that the settings of SSL aren’t fallible.
- Try to check there isn’t any damage in the Internet packets. You’ll do this by collateralizing the latency of the network.
- After performing the higher steps, you must use the default browser.
Method 2: Fix the QuickBooks Error The File Exists During Printing
If the above step did not help you to fix the problem you are facing then try this one.
- Press the keys of keyboards Windows + R along to open the Run tab.
- Now try to search the Control in the search panel and hit the Enter button.
- Choose the choice Devices and Printers.
- Press the Device choice and select the Remove option on the printer.
- Exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the tab of Task Manager. you’ll be able to additionally press CTRL + ALT + DEL on the keyboard along with the shortcut otherwise you also can open the tab from the taskbar.
- Look for the file “QBW32.exe” and click on thereon.
- To complete the method click on the affirmative choice, Yes, once the confirmation seems on the screen.
- Now visit C Drive and click on the Program information. Then click on QuickBooks within the compass file. you’ll be able to additionally follow the navigation as C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\.
Method 3: Configure the Setting of Windows Turn Off User Account Control (UAC)
In case, you are not able to resolve the issue using the above two steps, then do not panic. We still have four more solutions in your bucket. In this method, we will be able to change the settings of the Turn off User Account Control.
- Press the keys Windows + R along to open the Window Run.
- Now seek for the panel within the Run Window so tap on the OK button.
- In the Search Bar, search for User’s Accounts from the Control Panel.
- Choose the choice of Change user account control settings.
- Hit on the affirmative button, Yes, after that try to Turn Off the UAC once clicking on the never give notice choice.
- Restart the computer so update the QuickBooks Payroll.
Method 4: Update the QuickBooks Desktop Software
Another method to fix the QuickBooks error the file exists is by updating the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- First, launch the QuickBooks Desktop software and seek the choice Product Information below the Help tab.
- After that, you’ll get a drop-down list and choose the update demand consistent with your selection.
- Tap on the Search button and click on the choice Latest Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Save the file to associate the accessible location and so tap on the installed file double times to continue the update method.
- Restart the pc once finishing the procedure.
- Now try and perform your basic task to envision whether or not the QuickBooks error the File Exists is being resolved or not.
You Might Also Like, How to Fix QuickBooks Error 103? [Easy Trouubleshooting Methods]
Method 5: Try to Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop
You can also try to reinstall the QuickBooks desktop to resolve the problem from the device.
- Press the keyboard button Windows + R along and so open the Run box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” within the search box.
- Click on the QuickBooks double times and choose it to Uninstall.
- Then you’ve got to follow the on-screen instruction to get rid of the software package QuickBooks from the device.
- Once deleted the prevailing application, install the tool from the approved website.
- Save the file on your laptop.
- If you’ve got success following the previous steps then you’re able to use the put-in QuickBooks software package.
Method 6: Reregister the QuickBooks .OCX and .DLL File Using the Reboot.bat File
It is the last solution of the list. Try to perform it very carefully. In this method, we will try to register the .ocx and .dll files of QuickBooks to fix the issue with the help of the Reboot.bat file.
- First, you’ve got to shut down the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Click on the QuickBooks icon on the system and so choose the choice of Properties.
- Choose the Open File Location and search the folder of Reboot.bat.
- Now hit on the file Reboot.bat and hit on Run as Administrator.
- Wait for an instant once acting on top of steps. Let the black command scroll through all the QuickBooks files and so mechanically exit.
- Restart the Windows and so check if the error of File Exists is resolved.
Along with the sixth resolving method we have come to the end of the article. We are hoping that the solution helped you to fix the QuickBooks Error The File Exists. However, if you are still facing the same issue then we would suggest you contact the support team of QuickBooks. To get the helpline number you can visit the official website of the software at: “ https://quickbooks.intuit.com/in/ .“ The support team is available for 24X7 to help the users in need. If you liked the article then share it with your friends and teammates. You can also check out other QuickBooks-related blogs on our website.