You are using Quickbooks company file and suddenly you encounter a mistake stating a message on the screen “We are sorry. Quickbooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll attempt to fix the matter. Click start to start. If the matter continues, contact support for assistance and report error code Quickbooks Missing name List Problem.” If the precise same error message flashes on the screen then don’t panic, this sort of error is definitely far away from the system with some methods that you simply have followed.
As we all know QuickBooks is accounting software that assists its users to take care of their accounting and book-keeping activity. The user-friendly interface with a Cloud-based server makes it more standalone software among others. But have you ever encountered the matter of being unable to access the corporate file? Quickbooks missing name list problem is one of the errors that make trouble for the user to access the QB company file. If you also notice this error on your system then you’re in the perfect place where you get to understand more about this error and multiple solutions to resolve this error from the system. So let’s get ahead with the primary and foremost question: What really the error means?
What is QuickBooks Missing Name List Problem?
Missing name list problem Quickbooks occurred when a user is unable to find any name within the Quickbooks name list. This problem arises thanks to some technical glitches in Quickbooks. These glitches and interruptions make the Quickbooks company file name disappear from the list. A number of the frequent lists where this error comes from the seller lists, customers lists, or another name list. The main reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks’ missing name list problem that doesn’t allow Quickbooks to open is that this is often an indoor database error.
Reason of Quickbooks Error Missing Name List Problem
There are several reasons behind the Quickbooks error missing name list problem, a number of the main ones are listed here:
- When the system file or Windows has been damaged.
- Improper shutdown of the pc might be one more reason behind this error
- It might be possible that Antivirus or malware installed on your system may trigger this error o occurs
- An incomplete installation of Quickbooks software might be a reason
- When QuickBooks company files get corrupted somehow.
- All the above pointers signify the rationale which will trigger the Quickbooks error missing name list problem to arise. There’s nothing that can’t be fixed, so the error. Let’s inspect the answer to repair it on your own.
Solutions to Repair “Missing Name list” QuickBooks
To resolve this error you’re required to follow the below methods as per the given step-by-step guide.
Solution #1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file doctor may be a tool that erases every error associated with Quickbooks company file, whether the company file refuses to open or there’s any damage or bug within the QB company file.
- To run Quickbooks File Doctor on the system, you’re required to download it from an authoritative site like Intuit.
- After that run the download file on qbfd.exe to put it on the system.
- Now open the QB file doctor by clicking on its Icon.
- Inside the File doctor, locate the corporate enter the list option
- Now, click on the Diagnose File tab
- After that, you’re required to type in Admin Credentials
- Now, you’re required to follow the on-screen information to reinstate your file.
- At last, restart your system to use the changes thereto.
Solution #2: Use Quickbooks Auto Data Recovery to Rearrange Misplaced Data
To resolve the missing name list problem in Quickbooks the user is required to use Quickbooks Auto data recovery on the system. Through this tool, a user can repair the files that require a diagnosis and supply you back error-free files. This service is applicable on Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions of Quickbooks.
Solution #3: Restore the Backup of the Company file
Restoring a backup of the corporate file allows the user to revive the previous data and re-enter the transactions to the present file. Do follow the below steps to use the methods to the system
- First, open a file list of choices then click on the open or restore company option.
- Inside that, click on the restore a backup copy then hit the Next button
- Make sure that you simply choose the local backup option then click on the Next option.
- Now select a location for the computer file from the option list.
- After that, you’ve got to choose the extension .qbb for the computer file.
- Now just click on the open button then tap on the Next option again.
- After the above steps, you’re required to save lots of the list of choices. And confirm to pick a location for the restored file.
- Now, type a name for the folder.
- Click on the Save button then cautiously skim through and reply to any notification that shows abreast of the pc screen before the restoration process starts.
The above-written post may be a complete guide to getting rid of the QuickBooks missing name list problem from the system. This guide informed you about this error alongside the rationale behind the error occurrence. Lately, we discussed the answer to resolve this error with no hassle. These solutions are very easy, you’ll perform them on your own without taking any help from any technical person.
In case you don’t want to involve yourself in the solution part and resolve the error on your own, you’ll just take help from QuickBooks customer support executives. they’re highly trained to resolve QB errors with a particular solution. you’ll contact them anytime as they’re 24X7 available worldwide just to help each and each QB user.