QuickBooks Update Error 15106 is one of the errors of QuickBooks Accounting software. This error often triggered while updating the program. When the user is using the QuickBooks payroll and is unable to update or damaged while update this error occurs. This error can be fixed by the user with some methods written in the below paragraph. There can be plenty of factors associated with the QuickBooks error 15106 which will also be discussed later in this post. Scroll down, if you’re curious to know more about this QB error.
Before, knowing about the error occurring in the QuickBooks Accounting software, let’s know about the QuickBooks Accounting software first. This is renowned accounting software and designed to fix all those daily requirements of the business in no time without hassle and error. Accounting and Book-keeping are the main aspects of any business and this particular software takes care of this section entirely. But, when there are many things to appreciate about this software, one thing that keeps interrupting the work is the errors in the software. There are many errors in QuickBooks like QB Error 3371, QB Error H202, QB Unrecoverable Error, and many more QuickBooks error 15106 is one of them. In this post, we will learn about the Error, factors that occur error 15106, and the solution.
QuickBooks Update Error 15106
First thing first, What is QuickBooks Update Error 15106? Before hopping to the factors and solution, let’s talk about the error, and it’s all about the scenario. This error is basically a Payroll update Error that occurs when a user tries to update the programs, it indicates that something is stopping the Software from updating the version of QuickBooks Desktop. When the error occurs a message box flashes on the screen with a message written on it:
There is something hindering or stopping the update process which comes up as an error and that something can be turned into many factors that cause the QuickBooks payroll Update error 15106.
Factors that cause QuickBooks Update Error 15106
There are a couple of factors that triggered QuickBooks error 15106 and being trouble while updating the version of QuickBooks Desktop. If you will aware of the factors, the solution might be easy because the solution is always relevant to the factors that’s why before discussing the solution, know the facts thoroughly.
- The very first reason would be the Antivirus Application in your system that blocks the update.
- This annoying error emerges when you have not logged in as an Administrator in the system and don’t have the permission to read and write new files.
- The last one could be the Spy Sweeper. If this particular software lies in your webroot antivirus software and it’s taking the QuickBooks updating command as a malware activity, this will turn up as an error 15016 QuickBooks.
Note: Download the latest Tax Table, if you have an active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription.
Complete Solution of QuickBooks Update Error 15106
Now, that you know about the factors that emerge from the QuickBooks Error code 15106, it can be easier to resolve the issues from your system. There are some of the solutions that might help you to clean up the bug permanently from your system and access you to update the version of QuickBooks Desktop. So without any further ado let’s get to the solution;
Method: 1 Log in Quickbooks as an Administrator
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop Icon
- Now select Run as Administrator and enter the correct credentials of the admin.
With these simple steps, you are able to read and write and make changes in the file as an admin. When you logged in as an admin this error will not interrupt.
Method: 2 Clean Installation of QuickBooks in Selective Start-Up Mode
To fix the issue of QuickBooks error code 15106, you can go for this option and command a clean installation of Quickbooks in selective start-up mode. To do this method follow these steps;
- First, create a backup of the company file.
- Now, you have to create a copy of the QuickBooks products and the license info of QuickBooks
- In the next step, Start the system in Selective Mode and make sure that there is no other application heckling while completing the task.
- Now, you have to uninstall or install the QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, you have to switch the mode again to normal start-up mode.
Hopefully, this method will work and resolve the bug from your system.
Method: 3 Stop Spy Sweeper (Anti-Virus) and rename the folder
This method only applies to that system where the antivirus spy sweeper has been installed and causing the issues. To perform the solution do follow the step below;
- At first, press the CTRL+Shift+Esc Key together to open Task manager.
- Now, go to the Processes tab and then find [Antivirus name].exe file For example- spy sweeper.exe There will be a recommendation for uninstallation if the error occurred.
- Now when you find the Spy Sweeper file in the processing tab, you have to delete tor uninstall it by opening the Add/Remove program in Windows.
- In case, you haven’t find the spy sweeper file in the processing tab, you have to open Drive C and navigate to C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- Now you are required to rename the download <nn> from download <nn> old and then reset the QuickBooks update.
This method surely assists you to resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Update error 15106. If the above methods fail move to the next method.
Method: 4 Turn Off UAC (User Account Control)
- The firsts step is to press the Windows+R key together to open the Run Windows.
- Now, you have to type the Contol panel and then click on the ok button.
- Moving ahead, choose then the User accounts with the Classic View option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Change user account Control Setting option. If the user is prompted by UAC then click on the Yes button to continue.
- Now, if you want a notification then set it on the Always Notify option, then click on the OK button to turn off UAC.
- Or if you never want any notification then set it on Never Notify, then click on the OK button to turn off UAC.
- At last, reboot the system to make the changes you have done.
The above mention error can be easily detected and resolved with the help of this post. Yet, there are some situations where these methods cannot work then the bests suitable suggestion is to contact QuickBooks Customer Support Expert as they are available 24x7x365 and give you an expert suggestion to resolve the bug permanently from your system.